Sunday, November 23, 2014

What's going on right now....

Working on a felted stuffie that will be a dog to join my family of softies....the larger dog is already named, but I will probably have a contest here and in my ravelry group to name the smaller one.... just stay tuned, as it will be a little while before either is ready.

My knitting time for this part of the year is dedicated to giving back to the community at large.  Those of you who know me personally, or from Ravelry might know that I knit for the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.  There is a Ravelry group called For The Children of Pine Ridge.  I like to dedicate a few months of my time and energies to providing warm things for the children of the reservation.. I have already sent hats made in September/October to one of the fall projects, which is providing warm things to one of the schools. 

The companion fall project was to provide items for babies and children too young for school.  I am doing hats and other items for this campaign.  This is my favorite type of knitting, because I can make more items in a given period of time.  This allows me to knit for a maximum number of people to keep warm.

I am blessed to live in a place with mild winters, although from the way we Floridians bundle up when it gets below 50 degrees (you might think it was 5 degrees below zero).  I have only seen snow fall once in my life, but I have been around after it has fallen once or twice beyond that.  This is why I feel compelled to knit for folks who have little and live in a cold place.  Our group on Ravelry is large, but we could always use more people to knit/crochet/weave for this cause. 

Thanks for reading this. 

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Leave them here!