Monday, December 12, 2016

Merengue Knot Bag & Skein Shop Independent Designer Program

I am proud to announce the release of Merengue Knot Bag, in conjunction with the Skein Shop Independent Designer Program.  I was fortunate enough to become acquainted with Alexandra Parks (aka Sasha) of Skein Shop and Dashing Mouse Designs, while buying some yarn for another design that I am currently in development.
She expressed an interest in my designs after looking at my designer page.  She asked if I would be interested in participating in their Independent Designer Program.  After receiving the details, I told her that I would love to collaborate on a design. This pattern is the result of that collaboration, with Skein Shop providing yarn support, tech editing and a lot of promotion.  I provided the inspiration, design and prototypes.  Sasha is a designer herself, but prefers to spend her time dyeing her line of yarns. You can find more information about the Independent Designer Program on the Skein Shop blog.
The Merengue Knot Bag inspiration came from the extravagantly ruffled costumes of some Latin dances. I love the sculptural qualities of felted ruffles.  I wanted to pair those ruffles with a simple knot bag.  The pattern has a nice photo-tutorial to help with construction of the ruffles.
So, without further ado, please take a look at the pictures below and start thinking of what colors you want to use for your own Merengue.
I am also offering an introductory promotional discount of 25% until 12/15/2016 midnight.  Take advantage of this and make yourself a tropical delight to chase away the winter cold (at least for a little while).  My shop is Paula King's Ravelry shop...KraziKnitz by Paula,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Leave them here!