Sunday, March 19, 2017

Skein Shop Spring-A-Long & Mariner Toe-Up Sock KAL

I'm currently engaged in two a-longs......

Skein Shop is having a Spring-A-Long, which as long as it is a spring theme, it's okay.  It can be knit, crochet, or even weaving.  I am working on a design, but I haven't shared anything yet. Soon though! I've been having a little designer block.....I just can't get the idea to gel.  Swatching some lovely CoBaSi from HiKoo.  Lovely spring colors, in this cotton/bamboo/silk blend in a fingering weight. It's not too late to participate...go to their Ravelry group here to sign up, but don't wait too long...it ends April 16th.

I am also taking part in a KAL with Katalin Beth.  She's an indie designer/yarn dyer out of Australia.  You might recognize her name from the 5-Day Toe-Up Sock Challenge. This is a toe-up sock pattern called Mariner with stripes and a fairisle motif of anchors (making me use those fairisle skills from the last challenge). You should check out her website at Katalin Beth Designs.



These are some of my earlier color choices, but as you can see they didn't quite work out the way I had hoped.  I went with two contrasting solids finally, a navy blue and butter yellow as seen below.
I'm using Cascade Heritage Sock yarn. I like them together and think they look good, but I'll show you that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Leave them here!