Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Faye Kennington makes me want to knit stranded colorwork

I discovered designer, Faye Kennington of UkeeKnits during last year's GAL which was my first as a designer and participant.

She helped me on some technical and graphics issues, definitely saving my bacon and my sanity. This is also when I discovered her as a designer as well! (I also did a little interview with her, if you want to go back and check it out).

She has a lot of quick to knit items, which definitely help when you are time crunched and need a hat or other item for a quick gift! She has a wide repertoire of designs ranging from fun and funky to downright elegant!

This past year she has been getting my attention because of her beautiful stranded colorwork designs! My experience with colorwork, stranded or otherwise, has been limited to a couple of challenges.
I start to step into the water with a toe and then runaway because it looks too scary! But like a toddler it fascinates me because of all the pretty colors and patterns, and I just can't resist looking and wanting to try again.

This is the technique I want to challenge myself with this year! She has several patterns that intrigue me I just have to decide which one. A few are hat patterns such as Alpenglow, Two Medicine and Christmas Cracker (which I have been secretly scoping out since last year!)

There is also a wonderful Christmas Stocking pattern that lets you mix and match designs to the tune of 512 different combinations! I don't have that many stockings to knit, but what a wonderful thing to be able to make for my grandnieces and grandnephews. I have lots of time in between my own projects and several years. The pattern looks interesting and something you can customize endlessly.
So stranded colorwork, Fair Isle, here I come!

Check out Faye Kennington and if you're wanting to try this technique, she's got the patterns to tempt you! You can find her at Faye Kennington's designer page.

Here are a few that I found......that I will probably purchase at least one from this selection.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help myself, but all of these patterns make me smile when I look at them.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Leave them here!