Thursday, November 23, 2017

CJ's Garter Cuff Mittens by Denise Balvanz

I was looking for a mitten pattern to try for my charity knitting, when I saw these great mittens with a garter cuff. That garter cuff is extra thick so it will keep the cold out and the warm in!

It turns out that designer Denise Balvanz actually made these for charity knitting originally as a variation of her standard mitten. I also thought that they would be good for stash busting, as you could use smaller amounts for the garter stripes.

These mittens were named for her youngest child, because he usually got the hand-me-downs from older siblings which were in sad shape by the time they reached him, holey, felted or both. He gets new mittens every year, because he keeps growing (funny how they do that)!

There is also a matching beanie, where that garter stitch cuff will make ears extra toasty! I may get that one as well, so that I can make matching sets.

She has lots of other great patterns ranging from Christmas stockings, baby items, and all manner of other things to keep you warm.

Give her a look! You can find her Gift-A-Long bundle here!
CJ's Garter Cuff Beanie and Mitten
Denise's Bundle Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Leave them here!