Wednesday, November 30, 2016

An interview with Faye Kennington of UkeeKnits

During the first few days of the Indie Designer Gift-A-Long 2016, I was privileged to have contact with Faye Kennington of UkeeKnits on Ravelry.  She is the designer of the first two projects that I completed toward my attempt to "tame the opadoo".  The (2 Hour) Artist's Loop and the 2 Hour Smocked Toque which can be found on her Ravelry designer page..

She agreed to be a short interview for this blog and graciously donated a prize. I am asking readers the question; "What UkeeKnits design would you like to make?" and ask you to leave your answer in the comment section by December 5, 2016. If you are a Ravelry member, you can leave your Ravelry name and if not, leave an email address where  you can be contacted.  A name will be selected at random from all those leaving an answer and that person will receive the gift of a free pattern from UkeeKnits.

And now without further ado, my interview with Faye Kennington of UkeeKnits:

KraziKnitz: Please tell us about yourself and where you are from:

  • Faye:  I live in a seaside resort community on the western edge of Vancouver Island (British Columbia, Canada) with my family and our chocolate lab.  The area is a temperate rain forest; the rainy season lends itself well to knitting and other indoor hobbies. But not so much to waiting for wet-blocking to dry!

KraziKnitz:  How and when did you begin designing?

  • Faye: I've been designing as long as I can remember.  I started sewing doll clothes at age 4 and attended fashion design school after high school. About 6 years ago, I was in-between jobs and with a lot of time on my hands. I was playing with knit designs and decided to post patterns for my creations on Ravelry.

 KraziKnitz: Where do you find your inspiration?

  • Faye: This can and does vary.  I tend to be a process knitter, so I like to learn something new and try out variations of the techniques.

KraziKnitz: You have a nice variety of patterns.  Do you have a favorite item to design?

  • Faye:  Thank you!  I do like accessories.  Cowls have been a lot of fun.  I like variety.

KraziKnitz: What advice would you pass on to anyone contemplating becoming a designer?

  • Faye: Make a business plan; think about your goals and your brand image from the start.  I didn't do this, but I really wish I had.

KraziKnitz: Do you have a  website, blog or newsletter that you would like to mention?

  • Faye: You can follow me on  Instagram and/or Twitter: @UkeeKnits
Check out Faye's designs and don't forget to leave a response to the question; "What UkeeKnits design would you like to make?" by 6:00 pm EST on Monday 12/05/16.  A name will be drawn at random from all of the responses.  Again, if you are a Ravelry member leave your Ravelry name, so that you may be contacted by pm.  If you are not a Ravelry member, leave an email, so that you may be contacted as well.

Thanks for reading my humble little blog. I will try to have occasional giveaways, so keep your eyes peeled and check back often.  You never know what you might find.  Keep knitting, crocheting or whatever craft you love.  The sale part of the Gift-A-Long ends at 11:59 pm EST tonight, so get it on it while you can.  The party atmosphere goes until the end of December, so party on and join the crowd at the Indie Designer Gift-A-Long 2016 group on Ravelry. 

See you there!





1 comment:

  1. HI; Thanks for the interesting interview! I've never encountered this designer on Ravelry, but I've definitely been looking now. On ravelry I'm jmens2024. I'd love the smocked toque pattern! Thanks for letting me know about this on Connect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Leave them here!